Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 7 - Lisa

I'm not sure we set any rules to our picture taking. So some will be spontaneous and some will come from conversation. I was at our local Mexican store today looking for peppers to make chicken mole. While there the tomatoes smelled so good and then I eyed the bottles of Coke. I picked them up looking for the print to see if they were the real deal; from Mexico with sugar cane not the corn syrup like in the US. That's what gives it the umph we know and love from back in the day.

Here's an article about it.
As for the rest of the items in my bowl; chili peppers (jalapeno, serrano, habanero, pasilla and new mexico), the garlic, onion and tomatoes, they are the heart and soul of who I am. This mix of fruits and vegetables automatically takes me to any of my families kitchens, our gatherings, laughter and good food always centered in the kitchen and around the kitchen table. Speaking of which, I never call our table a dining table - dining sounds formal and something you do for a short period of time. Kitchen table is the heart of our home. Everything happens there; homework, craft projects, gossip, sad-happy moments, serious discussions, out of control card games and food. Lots and lots of food. I've rambled and dang it I should have taken a picture of our kitchen table! Wait, I can't it's in storage...


No comments:

Post a Comment