Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 19 - Sis

This is an old Hamilton watch from the late 30's early 40's I'm guessing. It came to me as an eighth grade graduation gift from my Aunt Lani. It was her high school graduation gift from her father. Aunt Lani was the second wife of my Uncle Daniel's three marriages and was one of my family's favorites. She was Hawaiin and like most South Pacific people; loving, generous and adored children. With our family she hit the bonus jackpot since there were seven of us kids and we were always thrilled to see her. Hugs, kisses abounded on her arrival to our home. The watch was my first and came in beautiful white boxed lined with blue velvet, ( I still have it) and at the time had a black double elastic band. For a 13 year girl who had never owned much of anything this was a powerful message. This told me someone valued and trusted me enough to give me a gift that held many of her memories and would add to my future ones. Thank you Aunt Lani and look forward to the day we share those times again.



No comments:

Post a Comment